HISTORICAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Carol Banicki, Borough Historian, Chairperson
Janet Ecke, Vice Chairperson
Lisa N. Weddle
Simone Tsigounis, Liaison
Kathleen Savas, Liaison
The Cresskill Historical Committee is a focus group dedicated to the collection, preservation and dissemination of Cresskill history.
- Bring together persons interested in history.
- Discover, collect and preserve material of historic value.
- Provide means and assistance for the public to study, appreciate and view history.
- Participate in activities to advance public awareness about local history.
- Research, write and publish materials for public availability.
- Provide support and assistance to activities which catalog, restore and protect artifacts, documents and manuscripts.
- Assist in developing the Tallman House as an educational center depository/museum for historical papers and materials.
- Assist in the planning and development of the Merrifield Property.
- Encourage, promote and support activities honoring Camp Merritt.
- Maintain contact with, and exchange ideas with other historical groups in the Northern Valley and beyond.